Yoni eggs, also known as Joni eggs or jade eggs, are becoming increasingly popular in the wellness community as a tool for pelvic floor strengthening, improving sexual health, and overall well-being. These small, egg-shaped objects made of various materials, including jade, rose quartz, and obsidian, are inserted into the vagina and used for multiple purposes. Yoni Eggs have a long history, dating back to ancient China, where concubines used them to maintain their sexual health and vitality. It is believed that Empress Dowager Cixi, who ruled China in the late 19th century, used jade eggs regularly to enhance her sexual pleasure and maintain elasticity of her vaginal muscles. Over time, the use of yoni eggs spread to other cultures, including the ancient Greeks and Romans. Using yoni eggs was also common in tantric traditions for spiritual awakening and sexual enlightenment. This article will explore the history of yoni eggs, their benefits, and how to use them safely and effectively.
Benefits of Yoni Eggs
Yoni eggs offer a range of benefits for women, including:
1. Pelvic Floor Strengthening: Yoni egg's primary use for pelvic floor strengthening. They provide resistance during exercise that helps tone and strengthen the vaginal muscles. Strong pelvic floor muscles can help improve bladder control, enhance sexual pleasure, and prevent pelvic organ prolapse.
2. Improved Sexual Health: Regular use of yoni eggs can help improve sexual health by increasing sensitivity and blood flow to the genital area. Some women also report increased sexual pleasure and a stronger connection to their bodies.
3. Emotional Healing: Using yoni eggs can also help with emotional healing, releasing tension and trauma stored in the pelvic area. Many women find that using yoni eggs helps them connect with their femininity and feel more grounded in their bodies.
Choosing the Right Yoni Egg
Consider the material, size, and shape when choosing a yoni egg. Choose Jade, Rose Quartz, or Obsidian Yoni eggs made of non-porous materials, such as jade, rose quartz, or obsidian, which are easy to sanitize correctly to prevent the spread of bacteria. It is vital to choose a reputable seller and to avoid yoni eggs made of materials that may be harmful or porous, such as porous stones, crystals, or metals. The size and shape of the yoni egg should also be considered, as they can impact comfort and effectiveness. Yoni eggs come in various sizes, typically small, medium, and large.
Before using a Yoni Egg:
- Clean it and sanitize it.
- Boil the egg in hot water for several minutes, or use a solution of water and vinegar or hydrogen peroxide to clean it thoroughly.
- Avoid using soap or harsh chemicals, which may damage the egg or cause irritation.
- Once the egg is clean, start with a warm-up exercise, such as pelvic floor contractions, to prepare the muscles for the egg.
How to Use a Yoni Egg:
When using a yoni egg, begin with the smallest size available. Since smaller yoni eggs are generally easier to insert and require less muscle control to hold in place, making it more suitable for beginners. It is crucial to allow your body time to adjust to the yoni egg before moving on to larger sizes.
The most common exercise is to insert the egg, lie down comfortably, and gently insert the narrow end of the egg into the vagina. Use your pelvic muscles to hold the egg in place, and begin with short sessions of 5-10 minutes before gradually increasing the time over time.
In terms of how long to use a yoni egg, start with short sessions of 5-10 minutes and gradually increase the time over several weeks. The pelvic floor muscles can become fatigued with overuse, so it is vital to listen to your body and take breaks as needed. It is also essential to avoid wearing a yoni egg for prolonged periods, as this can potentially cause harm.
Once you feel comfortable with the smallest yoni egg, you can gradually work your way up to larger sizes as your muscles become stronger and more accustomed to the sensation of the egg. It is essential to be patient with the process and to avoid rushing to larger sizes before your body is ready.
Ultimately, the size of the yoni egg that is best for you will depend on your individual needs and preferences. Experimenting with different sizes and shapes is essential to find the best one for you. If you are still deciding which size to start, consult a healthcare professional or a trained Yoni egg instructor.
Yoni Egg Extraction Cords: Options and Best Practices
Using a yoni egg can be an excellent practice for connecting with your feminine energy, promoting pelvic floor health, and enhancing sexual pleasure. However, using a proper cord for safe and easy egg extraction is essential. In this article, we will discuss the different options for yoni egg extraction cords and the best practices for their use.
Types of Yoni Egg Extraction Cords
- Unwaxed Dental Floss: This is a standard and affordable option for those who prefer a natural material. Unwaxed dental floss is strong enough to tie securely to the yoni egg yet easy to cut or untie for egg removal. It is important to note that waxed dental floss should be avoided, as it can leave a residue on the egg and may be more difficult to untie.
- Nylon String: Nylon string is another healthy and affordable option for yoni egg extraction, most found at most craft stores, and is easy to tie and untie. However, some people may find nylon string uncomfortable or irritating, which is not a reusable option.
- Silicone String: Silicone string is a more durable and reusable option for yoni egg extraction. Sterilize them between uses, and is less likely to cause discomfort or irritation. Silicone string is also easy to clean and maintain, making it a popular choice for those who use yoni eggs regularly.
- Hemp or Cotton String: For those who prefer natural materials, hemp or cotton string can be a good option for yoni egg extraction. These strings are strong enough to tie securely to the egg and can be easily cut or untied. However, they may be less durable and long-lasting than other options.
Best Practices for Yoni Egg Extraction
When using a yoni egg extraction cord, it is important to follow these best practices for safe and effective use:
- Always sterilize your cord before use to reduce the risk of infection by boiling the cord for a few minutes or using a sterilization solution.
- Tie the cord securely to the egg, ensuring it is not too tight or loose. A cord that is too tight may cause discomfort or difficulty with removal, while a thread that is too loose may not provide enough control for the egg.
- Use a clean and comfortable grip when removing the egg. Pull on the cord while using your pelvic muscles to push the egg out. Do not force the egg out or use excessive force, which can cause injury.
- After use, clean your yoni egg and extraction cord thoroughly with warm water and soap. Store your egg and thread in a clean, dry place until subsequent use.
Using a yoni egg can be a powerful and transformative practice for women. Still, it is important to use a proper extraction cord for safe and effective use. Consider the different options for yoni egg extraction cords and follow the best practices outlined above for a successful and enjoyable yoni egg practice.
Visit any of our physical store locations or shop online for your Yoni Egg Set Today.